Annapolis, Maryland (PRWEB)
July 27, 2017
ClearHealth Quality InstituteTM (CHQI) held its first board meeting last week as the new accreditation organization continues to gain momentum. CHQI’s board of directors includes nationally recognized health care experts representing a wide range of stakeholders.
“CHQI is led by dynamic thought leaders at the board, committee and staff levels,” remarks Joel V. Brill, MD, FACP, CHQI Board Chair. “I am looking forward to providing strategic leadership to the organization as it pursues its quality-based mission.” Brill is nationally known for his leadership in quality and value-based payment.
The CHQI Board includes the following thought leaders:
- Joel V. Brill, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Predictive Health (CHQI Board Chair)
- Garry Carneal, JD, MA, President & CEO, Schooner Strategies (CHQI Founder and Board Vice-Chair)
- Steve Daviss, MD, Chief Medical Information Officer, M3 Information LLC
- Kara Kukfa, Chief of Staff, The Kennedy Forum
- Julie O’Brien, BSN, RN, MS, President, AliCare Medical Management
- Stephen B. Permison, MD, Principal, Standards Based Programs, Inc.
- Eliot Siegel, MD, Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Michael Reisman, MA, JD, President, CHQI (non-voting)
- Michael Thompson, President and CEO, National Business Coalition on Health
- Thomas (Tom) Wilson, PhD, DrPH, CEO, Trajectory Health Care
The CHQI Board, which will meet bimonthly, oversees CHQI’s quality-based mission. In one of its first actions, the CHQI Board reviewed and approved the formation of several CHQI standards committees that are developing telemedicine and mental health parity accreditation programs. Several additional CHQI board positions are open and nominations are currently open to interested stakeholders.
“It is exciting to…