AG Beshear announces new lawsuit against Gov. Bevin
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) — Attorney Andy Beshear says he’s filing a new lawsuit against Governor Matt Bevin. The decision announced on YouTube Tuesday morning states that the AG did not accept changes to the Governor’s executive order that reorganized several boards connected to education reform that passed unanimously this year and was signed just two months ago by Governor Bevin.
The decision comes less than ten days after General Beshear threatened a lawsuit if the Governor did not rescind his executive order. Last week Beshear announced that he was delaying the lawsuit because the Governor’s attorney had filed an update he would review.
But in the video announcement, the Attorney General says the changes weren’t good enough.
“In the end, while there may have been a few small changes there is still significant constitutional and legal violations,” said General Beshear.
Here’s a link to the full video announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQJS–a4BQI
A spokesperson for the Governor’s office said they had yet to see the lawsuit so they could not comment.
Governor Matt Bevin is out of the county promoting Kentucky at an air show in France.
A spokesperson for Attorney General Andy Beshear said that the Attorney General is out of state speaking about human trafficking.
The video first appeared on the AG’s YouTube channel shortly after 11 a.m. WHAS11 downloaded the video and began reaching out to sources for comment…